New Paltz Drunk Driving & Traffic Violations Lawyer
All it takes is one mistake. Traffic violations and drunk driving charges can happen to anyone, regardless of age or gender. Take action today to get the aggressive criminal defense you deserve. At Kossover Law Offices in New Paltz, we are dedicated to demanding justice for the accused throughout the Hudson Valley.
Make Your One Shot at Justice Count
Contact Kossover Law Offices Today
Many people do not think it is necessary to hire an attorney if they have been charged with drunk driving or a traffic violation. Some believe it is too expensive, while others believe they can navigate the criminal justice system on their own.
Make no mistake: you get one chance to protect your rights in court, and with serious potential consequences, you want to do everything you can to protect your rights.
- Consequences can be serious and may include jail time.
- A drunk driving conviction will result in a suspended license. Driving is a privilege and it is not protected by the constitution. From work to family responsibilities, losing your license will affect your everyday life.
- A traffic violation conviction will result in an increase in your insurance rates. Pleading guilty usually carries with it the assessment of points and the more points you have, the higher your rate.
As your lawyers, it is our job to help you build a criminal defense that takes all these factors into consideration. We will conduct a thorough investigation into your DWI/DUI or traffic violations offense. In order to build the best possible defense, we will ask the following questions:
- Was there probable cause for the initial stop?
- Is it clear who was operating the vehicle?
- Were the field sobriety tests administered properly?
- Were Miranda warnings administered properly?
- Was the breathalyzer device calibrated, maintained, and repaired adequately?
Understanding that you have a wide range of concerns after your DWI or traffic violations, we will make sure your defense addresses all your concerns. We will be ready to protect your rights in court and at your DMV license suspension hearing.
It is up to you to take action, protect your rights, and build the best possible defense after your drunk driving charges or speeding ticket. Open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and offering twenty-four hours answering services, we are ready to make your one shot at justice count. Contact us today for a free initial consultation regarding your drunk driving or traffic offenses.